Looking to further your career in Early Childhood? This Advanced Certificate in Childcare is our most advanced level childcare course. It's the perfect next step to advance your job prospects and transition into a senior role. What are you waiting for? You can enrol today and get started straight away.
"I am absolutely loving studying with OCA! I really love being able to study where and when I want, and love having a great support team to help me understand and complete my course. I would recommend studying with Online Courses AUS if you want to learn at your own pace and get quality assistance." - Erin
Just imagine having a job that you love! Our Advanced Certificate in Childcare is perfect for anyone pursuing a career as an Assistant Educator, Child Care Educator, Family Day Care Educator or Assistant, Mobile Childcare Assistant Educator, or Nanny.
There’s a real shortage of suitably qualified workers in the early childhood sector. This childcare course will open up more exciting jobs prospects for you and its a great place to start your learning journey.
Throughout this industry leading short course, you will learn everything there is to know including using an approved learning framework, facilitating compliance in an education and care service and how to promote healthy food and drink.
If you already work in the industry and you simply want to refresh your skills or enhance your knowledge, you've come to the right place. You will love our "real world" scenarios and industry videos.
What will you learn during this childcare course?
This course will prepare you for a future career in a childcare centre or an early childhood setting, helping educators to provide a healthy, safe and caring environment for children.
You will learn to communicate and work collaboratively with educators and colleagues, as well as to support the holistic wellbeing, health and safety of all children. You will master the skills that you need to effectively help children learn and become confident and involved learners.
Why should you invest in this childcare course?
Succeeding in today's society requires a commitment to lifelong learning and professional development. This course will show employers currency in your skills and knowledge and commitment in achieving career goals & becoming a better employee.
Please check with your state department for the relevant "checks/permissions" that may be required to gain employment in this industry (I.E Blue card for working with children).
For any additional questions please see our comprehensive FAQ's.
Delivered 100% online, no classroom required
Instant access (simply enrol online, anytime)
Assessments are short answer and multiple choice
Fast turnaround on marking (within 1 business day)
One on one tutor support
Live chat, 7 days a week
There are no formal requirements to do this course.
This Advanced Certificate in Childcare is designed for people with little or no prior experience in the education industry who would like to start a career as a full-time or part-time childcare educator. The course is delivered 100 percent online 24/7 and takes 190 hours of study to complete.
To successfully complete this course, a student must:
Have access to the internet and the necessary technical skills to navigate the online learning resources
Have access to any mobile device with internet connectivity (laptop, desktop, tablet)
Be a self-directed learner
Possess sound language and literacy skills
Use An Approved Learning Framework To Guide Practice
Facilitate Compliance In An Education And Care Service
Embed Sustainable Practices In Service Operations
Promote And Provide Healthy Food & Drink
Provide Care For Babies & Toddlers
Ensure Health & Safety Of Children
Provide Care For Children
Establish & Maintain A Safe & Healthy Environment For Children
Foster The Holistic Development & Wellbeing Of The Child In Early Childhood
Maintain Work Health & Safety
Develop Cultural Competence
Implement Strategies For The Inclusion Of All Children
Nurture Creativity In Children
Establish & Implement Plans For Developing Co-operative Behaviour
Analyse Information To Inform Learning
Work In Partnership With Families To Provide Appropriate Education & Care For Children
Provide Experiences To Support Children's Play & Learning
Use Information About Children To Inform Practice
Participate In Workplace Health & Safety
Get info pack
Pay upfront today and get a FREE set of Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
Promote Physical Activity
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased considerably and health educators have recognised the need to establish positive attitudes towards healthy lifestyle practices from an early age. Some toddlers and young children are consuming more energy than they need which puts them at risk of being obese and risk of associated health diseases.
Early childhood is a critical time for growth, development and establishing lifelong eating habits. Childcare programs for staff can provide children with opportunities to foster a positive attitude to a healthy lifestyle.
Play is an essential ingredient for this and can also enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional areas of development. Play allows children to explore different facets of the adult world around them and learn how to manage in group situations, to share, negotiate and resolve conflicts.
Play is an effective way in which children learn. When children are calm and having fun and able to learn at their own pace, they are able to gain and retain valuable information. Research has proven that children are more effective learners when they are not set into a rigid routine approach; rather providing the children with the confidence and skills to develop an understanding and love of learning is the most effective tool. Overall, play should be a cherished time for children to enjoy as part of their childhood.
What are the benefits of extending children’s play?
• Play enables children to use and develop their play skills and also other learning skills
• Play encourages children to practice decision-making skills and discover areas of interest to them
• Play provides opportunities to improve gross motor and fine motor muscle skills and maintain physical health
• Play helps to develop a child’s imagination and encourages creativity and emotional expression
• During play, children are able to practise social skills in an encouraging and supportive environment
• Play experiences act as an outlet for children to express their emotions
• Providing for play includes ensuring that the child has opportunities, resources and time for play
• Play is an appropriate device to develop each child’s stage of a child’s development
• Long periods of uninterrupted play builds children’s concentration and the inner motivation to take responsibility for their own learning
What can early childhood educators do to follow children’s lead during play?
• Observe the children to determine their interests; what materials and resources are they enjoying playing with?
• Use the children's interests and curiosity to encourage and develop their play.
• Consistently implement movement and physical experiences as part of the program for all children.
• Express an interest in the things that the children enjoy
• Take the children’s lead and expand on their interests, be available and respond to interactions with children during their ‘play’
• Promote physical activity through planned and spontaneous experiences appropriate for each child
• Play games, act out stories and let children imitate your actions during ‘Play’
• Provide children with natural materials and environment to encourage healthy play
• Describe and act out daily activities with children
• Encourage children to create their own stories while looking through books and magazines
• Encourage children to participate in physical activity at a level suitable for their ability
• Provide different dress-up outfits and role play materials to allow children to express creativity and emotions
• Introduce scenarios that will encourage children to use their problem-solving skills in play situations
• Always praise and encourage the children during the ‘play’ experience’s
• Discuss with children how their bodies work and the importance of physical activity to people’s health and wellbeing
It is so important when early childhood educators are developing a program for the teaching rooms that they ensure that it allows adequate time for all children to complete tasks / activities / learning events as much by themselves as their development allows them. Some children who are rushed can become frustrated, uncooperative and less able to function
Pay upfront today and get a FREE set of Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
Four simple payments at checkout
Late fees and additional eligibility criteria apply. For complete terms visit https://www.afterpay.com/terms